Friday, January 02, 2009

What A Year!



2008 was a great year, lots of new things happening and some heart tugging changes.

Not only did I manage to post to my blog everyday but I also added the titles AUTHOR, ILLUSTRATOR, TUTOR and COLUMNIST to my CV.

In June I began to move into my new indoor studio off the dining room, a wonderful space with a view across the Fen.

I gained a solo exhibition space in the village and exhibited in a palace.

I created and completed Postcard PenPals, I completed my 'Close to Home' project and had it published and I created and completed the MarumanX project. I also took part in the Everyday In May project: 'Voices' and sketched my food intake through July.

I was interviewed by Journal Craft Inspiration and Creative Construction: Life and Art. I became a permanent feature on the Lilyholt Road website.

I swapped chocolate for a sketch from Pete Scully, I took part in the Pay It Forward project, had a Royal Giveaway and won red pens from a Big Gay Dragon.

My eldest Son went to America for a week with my parents (without me) and passed his driving test, proving his growth into adulthood and sending my emotions into a frenzy! As if that wasn't enough to deal with, we are currently preparing for his skiing trip to Bulgaria with his college in just 8 days time. (Deep breaths Anita, deep breaths)


We lost our old Christmas tree and purchased a new one and we changed our topper from an Angel to a beautiful decoration gifted to me by Margaret Storer-Roche.

I drank down a zillion cups of coffee, I laughed, I cried, I loved, I ached, I sketched, I painted...Hell, I even pole danced!

PHEW!
What a year!

11 comments:

Spinneretta said...

sounds like a whole lot of fun :)

seesue said...

Anita! Love your listing of happenings. Amazing energy.

Anonymous said...

You should be proud of your accomplishments. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Anita....I look for your blog everyday and I see how in your summary you only listed the POSITIVE things.....once again you have inspired me to look for the good things in life. I really look forward to this new year. happy happy to you and yours.........deni......;)

Stephen Gardner said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Anita, now tell me more about this pole dance.

Donna Mulholland said...

You mean you weren't a columinst and all those other things before 2008? My impression was that you were all those wonderful things for years. But I have to say that is much more inspiring that you did all these things this year.

Way to go Anita! And I am saving this post to inspire me in 2009.

You rock!!!!

Donna

Joan said...

You were one busy, productive lady in 2008! I wish you the same for 2009!!!

kazumiwannabe said...

A great, busy year for you! Wish you a great 2009 year too. And the heart you drew is really great!

Anetka said...

Definitely sounds like an amazing year Anita:) Great energy:)
Happy New Year to you:)) Hope it's going to be another one filled with so many goodies:))

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Congratulations Anita... I have a goal to post everyday in 2009... in no small part because of your inspiring blog... I'm so glad I met you (even if only in cyberspace) this year... I wish you much happiness and joy in 2009... and a creative year to surpass 2008.

Katy said...

Congratulations on such a great year! I hope this year is even better!

Blessings,
Katy