Friday, July 18, 2008

Column Week 24

This is my newspaper column, in print today in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.



Bluebell Coffee Shop is situated in the grounds of DJ Nurseries in Chatteris and Mary and Jean work hard to make it the total success that it is.
There are a few key elements I look for when I visit a coffee shop; welcoming atmosphere, cleanliness, good food, reasonable pricing, comfort and, above all, good manners…The latter seems to be a rarity these days!
Bluebell’s has it all, along with traditional feasts that send your mind plummeting back to ‘The Good ‘Old Days’. Custard and puddings, meat and mash and homemade slices and pies decorate the menu along with a more traditional version of my café favourite ‘Latte’ described at Bluebells as a ‘hot milky coffee‘.
I opted, as I always do, for the All Day Breakfast which could quite possibly last you all day long and is so immaculate in presentation one could believe it had been popped through the dishwasher before serving!

If you would like to see more, my daily journal entries can be found on my blog : http://artbyanita.blogspot.com. Wednesday Morning Art Workshops, Doddington. Contact Anita: 07790554201



9 comments:

MaryO said...

I would certainly visit the Bluebell after this delightful review. Your drawing of the shop has a Van Gogh flavor.

seesue said...

6 months already Anita! That's crazy how quickly the time has passed. As always, your column delights.

Joan said...

Bluebells sounds like a super place to go!! The food looks really delicious!! Enjoy!

kazumiwannabe said...

Beautiful sketches, both! I love warm yellow walls, they give a warm, cosy atmosphere to a room. Great for a restaurant!

Margaret Ann said...

Another great post...you are a girl after my own heart...I love breakfasts! LOL :)

Dianne said...

Big congatulations to you.
I visit here often but really to shy to post but had to comment on this post, I absolutely love your sketches, to be able to draw would be a dream come true for me. My DS lives in Kedington was in Westradding. I come to visit her from Canada and will be coming this Sept. I hope to visit a few places you have sketched, been to a few already.. You do inspire me so....

Gillian Mowbray said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Bluebell cafes are too few and far between these days. Your artwork is sunptuous and as always leaves me feeling ravenous!

Unknown said...

Love it all. How did you get involved with the paper coloumn?

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Delightful colours in your Bluebell dining table sketch. Sounds a fabulous place to visit and eat all the naughties!!! Great advert for them in the Camb Times - hope they benefit from your great review.