Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tesco Cafe



My first visit to the new Tesco cafe was rather disappointing on the coffee front and I'm afraid to say my return visit this week was not much better, the coffee was awful.

This is going to be a huge obstacle for the regular pre-shopping cafe sketches I had planned but one I am hoping to overcome as the little snippets of practice it offers during an otherwise tedious task are priceless.
I lunched in the cafe with my youngest, Harry, this week and managed to grab a quick contour sketch before tackling the madness in store.

*Happy Anniversary Mum & Dad x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's just enough in the sketch to say alot----EJM

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Could you gently chide them on the coffee... perhaps ask what kind of coffee they are using... or if it's possible to get a cup from a pot freshly brewed. Bad coffee could be very bad for business this time of year.
Your drawings are wonderful, in spite of the hardship of dealing with bad coffee.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful... Great composition and just the right amount of color.

Dianne said...

Hey Anita.
Interseting setch with just the touch of color. I would have never thought to do it this way..
The paper I used says you can use ink and light washes, so not really water color I guess. But going to Micheals (art stor in Canada) tomorrow so I'll look and see what they have.. Finished the second journal will post it later today, Im excited about this one...
Thank s for the encouragement and I will try, I will I wll..
Thanks....

Joan said...

I like the lines with just a bit of color!!!! Bad coffee...off with their heads!

Anonymous said...

I think you should tell the cafe manager and perhaps the store manager that the coffee is terrible! Tell them that it was much better before and that they should go back to the previous brew!! I hate trying to choke down BAD coffee!! deni....;)