Friday, September 12, 2008

Column Week 32

This is my newspaper column, in print today in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard:


I spent the bank holiday at Go Ape, a high wire forest adventure course in Thetford Forest, Suffolk. Not one for heights myself, I helped to keep little baby Ellie occupied while I watched my children swing through the tall trees attached to harnesses. It actually looked like great fun and they certainly enjoyed the course.
By midday the sun had broken through the clouds setting the perfect scene for a BBQ lunch, which we spent the rest of the day working off with long walks through the trees and maze, finishing the day with a game of rounders on the huge green and a couple of quick sketches for my journal.



8 comments:

Donn said...

Always a joy to read your column, Anita. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a peaceful place to take a walk. Nice painting of the building.

Margaret Ann said...

How rich and lush your greens are...love the forest sketch...what a fun time! :)

Dianne said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, the water color so simple but lovely. Sketch beautiful as always. Thanks for dropping by, finally feeling better..

DINTOONS said...

wow, love the forest piece... wild and rough and so full of life n energy!! fantastic, thanx for the inspiration... to be carefree n spontaneous!! :)

Anita Davies said...

Thank you Donn, living in the flat Fens it was a nice change to be surrounded by trees for the day!

Thanks Margaret!

Thanks Dianne, so pleased to hear you are feeling better! :)

Thanks Dintoons. I am so pleased that the foliage/forest sketch came over as carefree and spontaneous...That is exactly how I approached it! You see, I have a bit of a fear of foliaged areas, never quite sure where to start and how to simplify what I see, so I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and just have fun...go for it...I think it worked and more importantly it was not scary at all! :)

Joan said...

Love the foliage!!! I'd volunteer to watch the little one too!

Unknown said...

It is raining here in Colorado, so I enjoyed visiting your blog this morning. It calmed me. A long walk and BBQ sounds wonderful. Love the colors. Your work is so free and your truley an inspriation. Thanks!

Anita Davies said...

LOL...Too right Joan ;)

Thank you so much Starr, pleased to have brightened your morning!