Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Theme - 'Voices'



I have decided to take part in the 'Everyday In May' project, seeing as I post everyday anyway I figured this is part of what I already do. So, to make it more of a challenge I have also decided to go with the NaBloPoMo theme of 'Voices'.



I have decided to use a Khadi sketchbook I've had in the studio since March of last year. I have never used Khadi paper before, it's pretty rough in texture and has torn/deckled edges, at 210gsm it is sized for watercolour, ink and drawing.



The first page is not deckled on the edges and seemed a good place to declare my theme and date the book.




The second page doesn't lie flat as it's attached to the first, so I put a little explanation here and plan to start my entries on the following pages which lie perfectly flat.



The double spread is just a tad too long for my scanner but I'd really like to make use of the book in spreads rather than individual pages, so my scans will be a little cropped...I hope to accommodate that in my composition.

Using the pages as spreads I find I have exactly the right amount in this little book for the whole of May...Perfect!

5 comments:

Jennifer Lawson said...

Your theme is interesting, but sounds very hard. I needed to keep it simple to accomplish the task. Can't wait to see what you do over the next 31 days.

Joan said...

You must have quite a collection of completed sketchbooks!!! Good luck with the new project.

Spinneretta said...

Cant wait to see what it brings :)

Dave said...

Wow, wouldn't know where to start with that theme! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

mARTa said...

What I would do to covet this sketchbook once you have completed it! I just am catching up today with all your post. This series is fascinating!