Monday, March 10, 2008

A Hunting We Shall Go



The art from life forum over at Wet Canvas run a weekly scavenger hunt.

Basically, a member creates a list of objects and challenges and you sketch from the list over the week with the aim of completing it.

It was these hunts that first started me keeping a sketchbook and I still find them very handy as a quick resource for inspiration when choosing a subject becomes a task.

I completed 6 of the items from this week's list in the grid format below, each box measures approx. 5 cms square.

My 7th entry covers the 'sketch a pile of something' item, I chose eggshells, watercolour, a large square brush and a slightly different approach to how I usually work.

9 comments:

Judybec said...

love this! I'll have to check out "wet canvas" ==sounds like fun.

Laurel Neustadter said...

These are all really nice, Anita. I like the grid format ... I'll need to try that.

Margaret Ann said...

Wow! you've been busy!

Beautiful composition on the grid-you lead my eyes around the page effortlessly...

I ask again...Do you EVER sleep?????

Anonymous said...

Lovely grid work, I like the close ups of your subjects; nice angles. it is something I also want to give a go!
Ronell

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

So sorry not been around lately - had a power cut Thurs and my computer crashed on me for the first time ever - I mean crashed could not open any programmes. Then I went off to Lauras Friday to Sunday and yesterday I was not going to have the same trouble with local power cutting again in the high winds. So this morning before going off to life drawing I have had fun looking at all your posts. Love them all - so fresh and clean - especially the cherub for Charlie and of course the Wet canvas six pack - sorry six boxes!!. When am I going to see you again????????? We could meet half way at Oxburgh Hall (about 40 miles from here and probably the same for you ???? Sketch for the day and then have tea at Laura's 5 miles away. Yes????

Dave said...

These look great...haven't done one of those scavenger hunts for ages, must have a look in again.

Anita Davies said...

Thanks Bec...Yes, check it out!

Thanks Laurel.

Thanks Margaret...erm....No, not really. LOL!

Anita Davies said...

Oh Joannie sory to hear you crashed, glad it's all sorted now.
Look fwd to you visit next week! :)

Anita Davies said...

Thanks Dave.