Saturday, August 18, 2007

Chocolate and Pastries


Summer 2007 journal

I've been baking daily this week, mostly in the evenings after dinner as the days have been busy. My eldest enjoys making those packet mixes where everything you need, except perhaps milk, water or an egg, is included in the box. He chose to make the Cadburys Chocolate Button mix the other evening and it looked absolutely stunning when he'd finished but boy was it sweet!!! Chocolate sponge, filled with chocolate butter cream, topped with melted chocolate and sprinkled with chocolate buttons. Much too sweet for my liking, my jaw almost locked on me as I took a bite...sheer sugar shock!

I managed to sketch one of the items I made in my summer journal too, something a little easier on the jaw...Pasties!



Summer 2007 journal


5 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Mmmmm love them both. I could eat them both right now too! Great carrots.

juj said...

love the splotchy spots on the pastries page - baking is messy. and delicious.

Anita Davies said...

Thanks Andrea!

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Juj...Yes, I felt such a subject deserved a little sloppiness with the brush! ;)

Anonymous said...

BOth of these are wonderful. Making my mouth water, too.