Wednesday, May 09, 2007

EDM Challenge 78



After stocking up at the supermarket and loading the washing machine with the final load from my Disneyland Paris trip, I finally found time to sketch something this afternoon. Flicking through my little book of challenges I came across EDM challenge no. 78 - to sketch a souvenir - PERFECT!

I quickly set about unwrapping the tiny Mickey Mouse vase I purchased in one of the many shops in Disneyland, grabbed my scissors and took a few clippings from some shrubs and plants in the garden to fill it with before making my sketch.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see your sketches again. And to see that your garden survived the dry weather while you were away!

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

lovely job....

Deborah said...

I love the way you have Mickey speeking around the corner instead of directly face on. Great composition.

Lin said...

I LOVE your loose style and fine details!!! Wonderful colors!

Lynn said...

Oh, that's so cute! I like how you positioned the glass so Mickey's a bit cut off. Makes it much more interesting.

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Dave. Not only did the garden survive...It went wild!!! I need to find a few hours to get out there, trouble is good gardening weather is also good sketching weather.

Anita Davies said...

Thankyou Margaret!

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Deborah, I thought it would make it more challenging to try to capture Micky on the turn...so to speak!

Anita Davies said...

Thankyou so much Lin!

Anita Davies said...

Thankyou Lynn!

Serena Lewis said...

I agree....nice touch to put Mickey at a side view. Lovely colours and great sketch overall.

laserone_ said...

Cool! Very nice. :)

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Serena!

Anita Davies said...

Thankyou Pugs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Phthaloblu!