Google+ Followers

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

EDM Challenge 78



After stocking up at the supermarket and loading the washing machine with the final load from my Disneyland Paris trip, I finally found time to sketch something this afternoon. Flicking through my little book of challenges I came across EDM challenge no. 78 - to sketch a souvenir - PERFECT!

I quickly set about unwrapping the tiny Mickey Mouse vase I purchased in one of the many shops in Disneyland, grabbed my scissors and took a few clippings from some shrubs and plants in the garden to fill it with before making my sketch.

16 comments:

Dave said...

Great to see your sketches again. And to see that your garden survived the dry weather while you were away!

SCquiltaddict said...

lovely job....

Deborah said...

I love the way you have Mickey speeking around the corner instead of directly face on. Great composition.

Lin said...

I LOVE your loose style and fine details!!! Wonderful colors!

Lynn said...

Oh, that's so cute! I like how you positioned the glass so Mickey's a bit cut off. Makes it much more interesting.

Anita said...

Thanx Dave. Not only did the garden survive...It went wild!!! I need to find a few hours to get out there, trouble is good gardening weather is also good sketching weather.

Anita said...

Thankyou Margaret!

Anita said...

Thanx Deborah, I thought it would make it more challenging to try to capture Micky on the turn...so to speak!

Anita said...

Thankyou so much Lin!

Anita said...

Thankyou Lynn!

Serena said...

I agree....nice touch to put Mickey at a side view. Lovely colours and great sketch overall.

aPugsLife-laserone said...

Cool! Very nice. :)

Anita said...

Thanx Serena!

Anita said...

Thankyou Pugs!

phthaloblu said...

Beautiful job!

Anita said...

Thanx Phthaloblu!