Friday, September 22, 2017

Lamorna Cove Cornwall

I took the Sennelier USK sketchbook to Lamorna Cove for a couple of days with family.
I'd never used this sketchbook before and was a little concerned about the rough surface of the paper on one side and how my fountain pen would deal with it.
However, I felt it was such a light book it would be more comfortable to carry around as my little dog Kinx was coming with us.
 
I purchased a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen to tackle the rough paper with, another new challenge for me to cope with...but hey...it's good to step out of your comfort zone now and then right?
 
I handled my first spread fine, I was at home and felt in control.
Whilst on location though, I found the paper frustrating at first and the Pentel Pocket Brush clumsy....then things began to click once I realised I needed to work with the equipment rather than expect the usual and just let go...Then I had fun!
My sketches are very quick and expressive, more so as they go on and I began to enjoy the change. 
 
Our holiday was cut short due to the death of a family pet which we are still recovering from.
 However, we did have an amazing two days in Cornwall's beautiful rugged landscape.

No comments: