Monday, April 24, 2017

Wales 2017-Last Day

 
This is the fantastic Old Mill that we stayed in.
I couldn't believe my luck when we pulled off the road and drove down the private drive towards this beauty.
 
It had a large conservatory at the back with mountain views, a log fire, a piano room that my Son Harry made use of in the evening, and 4.5 acres of woodland with the river Ogwen running through the bottom of as our garden.
Just amazing!
 
Joy and Henry, the owners, supplied us with milk, tea bags etc on our arrival and a traditional Welsh fruit cake called Brith which is served spread with butter...it was sooo good!
They were perfect hosts and even supplied extra logs for the fire during our stay.
 
 
I rewarded their kindness the artists way...with an unusual entry in their guest book (below)
By the time I reached home Joy had sent an email thanking me for my 'fine drawing and kind words'
Such lovely people...such a beautiful property!
 
 
 
This is the sketchbook I took on my 4 night trip to Bethesda, Wales.
 

No comments: