Monday, September 12, 2016

My Buoyant Butt!

 
Did you miss me?
 
Had such a fabulous time, caught a great tan, relaxed, ate great food and SWAM!
When I was a kid I jumped into the deep end of the pool while swimming with the school....I almost drowned! I don't know what scared me more; the embarrassment or the HUGE female lifeguard that practically saved me by jumping in herself causing the water to jump out!
 
Since then, I have always said 'I can't swim' which ensured nobody pushed me in or included me in silly pool side games.
 
But...I remember a time....a time on the Clacton coastline with my Dad when I was young...I remember him telling my Mum I 'swam like a fish'....that I 'barely moved the water' that I was 'a natural'.
So....pride aside....I went for it and OH MY GOD ...I SWAM! Not only did I swim but boy, I can float, in fact, I have the most buoyant back side in the WORLD! It just won't stay down! LOL!
 
Equipped with my new found courage and feeling rather 'cocky' I purchased a pair of goggles and snorkelled in the sea. Swimming in the sea was even easier, at one point I was standing, not moving a muscle (except my mouth...my mouth is always moving! LOL!) and I realised I wasn't touching the ground....just floating...vertically....ME!
On my first snorkelling adventure I was rewarded for my bravery.....I saw an octopus!!! 
 
Anyway....I did manage to finally finish my sketchbook, as planned. YAY!
Here is a superfast one I whipped up on the beach.
 
 

6 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Sounds like you were a teen:) Very fun Anita and lovely painting.

Clare friend said...

Lovely. I didn't learn to swim until I was 25. Been swimming g ever since. I even compete on the us masters swim team...I'm 69. Keep it up.

Anita Davies said...

LOL! Thankyou!

WOW! That's brilliant Clare!

ketepo said...

^^ happy 4 you because swimming is one of the JOY of life!! :) like the sketch of the sea

Margaret Ann said...

Loved the story and the mental picture it painted in my minds eye...so full of joy! This sketch page is lovely. ;)

Anita Davies said...

Aww thank you Ketepo and Margaret