Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Bishops House, Ely, Cambridgeshire UK

03-04-13 by Anita Davies
03-04-13, a photo by Anita Davies on Flickr.
I have no idea what happened with the ink here...I thought I'd use Noodlers Lexington Gray ink to test it after the bullet proof black moved around a little when applying washes, usually I can rely on Lex.Gray to stay put when others do not but not this time....It just wouldn't dry!!! Even after I finished painting, drove to the Little Chef and finished my latte it wasn't dry, I had to blot it with a tissue so I could close my book to pick my Son up from training. I did the daffodil sketch earlier at home with the same ink and had no problems at all BUT I did re-fill my pen before leaving and I am wondering if it was because my Lex.Gray hasn't be used for a while and maybe I should have shaken the bottle? It's all I can think of to explain this.
It made my sketch rather challenging to say the least and I had to adapt my mixes etc to allow for the additional ink tone running into my colours but I am rather pleased with my outcome and felt I handled this unexpected turn of events well as I don't feel any of the problems I faced are apparent in my final spread.

No comments: