Google+ Followers

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Monochrome Marker Combos

25-03-13b by Anita Davies
25-03-13b, a photo by Anita Davies on Flickr.
I was looking through an old sketchbook of mine and came across some sketches I liked the look of created using a pigment liner and marker. It occurred to me that these little monochrome sketches require very little kit (2 pens and a book) and how this may be useful for my upcoming trip to Rome, especially when standing to sketch. So I had a little practice.
This paper takes markers so well, they simply glide across the page, however, this paper is not the paper I'll be taking so I have since 'spot' tested them on a Seawhite A5 concertina book and, while they do not glide and build layers anywhere near as nicely, they do not bleed because the concertina is double layered.....Next to try a whole sketch rather than just a spot, just to be sure but it's looking hopeful and I feel it could be very useful in situations where getting my paints out could be awkward or impossible!

No comments: