Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sophie T's, Yaxley, Cambridgeshire UK

16-02-13 by Anita Davies
16-02-13, a photo by Anita Davies on Flickr.
This was my second visit to Sophie T's, (my first visit can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitadavies/8377920587/in/photostream/)
I was a little short for time on my first visit but enjoyed the tearoom so much I've been trying to get back ever since.
I called ahead and was told it was full but they would be able to seat me on the sofa beside the pianist, although it could be a little noisy. I LOVED my seat on the comfy little sofa! It was like having a stage view of the premises and Tim, the pianist, played wonderfully. I ordered the Sophie T special; A pot of tea (of course I had coffee) a sandwich of my choice, two scones with preserve and clotted cream AND a slice of cake. I couldn't quite manage the cake but the staff were happy to wrap it for me to take home. The atmosphere was wonderful, the staff were very friendly and took a keen interest in my sketchbook and Tim was a delight.
There is so much to sketch here, the upstairs looks very interesting, lots of antique bits 'n' bobs all over the place, I chose to sketch my lunch this time, the china was so pretty, but I shall have to make quite a few visits here with my sketchbook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful sketch and it sounds a great teashop. I look forward to seeing more sketches from here.