Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rome 07-05-12 - Page 4

Rome07-05-12d by Anita Davies
Rome07-05-12d, a photo by Anita Davies on Flickr.
St Peters Basilica
WOW! What an amazing place!
Our guide was fantastic, she was an English speaking Italian and an official Vatican guide, I was so pleased about that I wanted to be told all about it with that wonderful Italian accent. She was so sweet too, respectful, informative and passionate, so passionate that she sounded how I felt, like she was seeing it all for the first time right along with us. I loved that, It was just perfect!
It was packed!!!
Apparently all other museums close on a Monday so you can imagine how busy it was. Still, I managed to soak it up, take pics and lose myself in it's wonderment to the point where no on else existed.
It was both magical and emotional.

No comments: