Friday, March 04, 2011

Thackers Farm


27-02-11a
Originally uploaded by Anita Davies

On Sunday, while my roast finished crisping in the oven, I set my mobile alarm for twenty minutes and headed off down the drove to the adjacent farm for a quick sketch on a spread I had prepared with watercolour earlier that morning.
I slipped a blob of white gouache in my watercolour palette and added it to my mixes for some opaque coverage in areas.
Just as my alarm sounded, the heavens opened and I was so pleased I had taken the car!

Noodlers Lexington Gray ink, watercolour and gouache in daily journal

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great painting Anita. I love the colours and textures.

www.facebook.com/SuePownallArtist

Sandra Rowney said...

Whoah! Cutting it fine there, supposing you'd had a puncture! Dinner ruined!