Sunday, February 06, 2011

Imari-Style From Belton


31-01-11c
Originally uploaded by Anita Davies

A Chinese Imari-Style teapot from Belton House, Grantham, Lincolnshire fills the last page of my Daler Rowney Ebony sketchbook. I visited Belton back in 2007, you can view my location sketches here: http://artbyanita2.blogspot.com/2007/06/belton-house-lincolnshire-uk.html

The Ebony sketchbook has alot of pages and it was a pleasure to see it fill up. The only thing I found a little frustrating is that it often took quite some time for pages to dry and this held me up a bit at times. The English weather was not helpful, I'm sure it would make a great Summer journal. I overcome this by popping it on the floor of my car and turning the foot heater on full blast!

I have already started my next journal, an A5 Jacksons book made by Seawhite. I'm already using one of these for my Italian Trip Prep sketchbook which you can view here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anitadavies/sets/72157624983112980/

No comments: