Friday, February 04, 2011

Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire. UK


30-01-11a
Originally uploaded by Anita Davies

My aim this year is to widen my view in my sketchbooks as often as I can. To try to capture an 'essence' of where I am by sketching at least one spread where I get down more than a detail study. When in cafes I tend to sketch someone sipping coffee, a free model is always tempting, but that person could be drinking that coffee anywhere right? With my Italy tour under 100 days away I want to practice getting more information down so that when I return I have a real feel for Italy; the cafe, museum, hotel, or street that I am in.
With that in mind, and the oranate and intricate details I will be facing, I turned to my Stately home programmes the other night for inspiration after a hectic day.
Burghley is one of my favs. I tried to get down enough of the room, to give me an essence, in a limited time (something else I will be facing on my tour, time restrictions).

No comments: