Monday, January 31, 2011

Ramsey, Cambridgeshire, UK


25-01-11c
Originally uploaded by Anita Davies

I took a trip into Ramsey with my A5 Seawhite concertina sketchbook one morning last week. Ramsey has some fantastic architecture. After painting Thomas A Beckett church, inside and out, I got in the car and parked up alongside the graveyard to make the sketch on the left..a spot that simply caught my eye.
Further along the road, on my way home, I pulled over next to the Wood Lane cemetery. I would love to have sketched this building in it's entirety but parking was more awkward here and I only had a few minutes, so I shall have to return when the weather warms up and take a stroll!

The concertina sketchbook was fun to work in, the elastic band 'bra' I made worked a treat and held it all together nicely, just like a normal book.

No comments: