Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I've Joined The Party


It's official, I was accepted this afternoon into the Julia Kay Portrait Party and set straight about my first victim....Raena.
You can see the ref I sketched from here
I'm using a nice big A4 spiral bound Winsor & Newton heavyweight sketchbook and it was wonderful having bags of room to swing my nib around on. The paper takes watercolour washes well but is not watercolour paper but that's ok, it works a treat for a quick pen and wash sketch.
I'm looking forward to working my way through all the members reference pics. I am approaching the project in a very relaxed way, just letting the pen and brush move around the paper and seeing where they take me. I hope to capture 'character' in my attempts.
FUN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the party. You have started with a fab drawing; I'm sure Raena will be pleased with it.