Sunday, March 28, 2010

3 Minute Mill




I recently visited Denver Mill and, after indulging in a slice of their delicious madeira cake and making a quick sketch in the cafe garden, I pulled onto the side of the road to make this...an experiment...Copic markers and acrylic ink on canvas board.

I was wondering if it would be possible to sketch on canvas and ....it is...However, when I applied a coat of acrylic varnish, the markers livened up and smudged all over the place.

Oh well, worth a shot!

Luckily I spent only 3 minutes on this sketch and managed to photograph it before I applied the varnish, so all is not lost!

3 comments:

Stephen Gardner said...

I love this one Anita, I think you're on to something here.

Joan said...

Great job for a 3 minute sketch. Sorry the varnish made it smear.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented - 3 minutes?? This is truly delightful, I love the moods you always manage to create with your work.