Sunday, January 31, 2010

Iris


Anita Davies 2010

This canvas has been sitting around the studio for a couple of years now, with a prepped background using gesso to texture and acrylic ink to tone, it sat idle waiting for me to be inspired enough to take it further.
A few days ago I decided on iris for a subject and set about it with gesso again, mapping out with a brush, the forms I wanted to re-paint to give a fresh base for the new ink applications to shine on.

This is the result.

Any ideas on a title for the piece?

10 comments:

Sandra Rowney said...

Mood Indigo?

Margaret Ann said...

Mmmm...there is a certain soothing freshness about this...all watery and serene...mystical and new...soulful. :) Extraordinary texture and mood Anita...:)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Fluid Flowers

Serena Lewis said...

It feels like the iris are swaying in water...peaceful and Zen-like...gorgeous effects!

Karen Blados said...

THis is just beautiful. I don't know why, but I thought of the Beatles song "Octopus's Garden" when I saw it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, "Cool Blue Iris"
Be blessed, and Inspired this coming week. Deborah

Art Trip said...

Really beautiful!

Joan said...

This is beautiful. I like the tall format and the gorgeous colors!!

Indonesia Flowers said...

beautiful! loved the way you used blue for the background and for the Iris...really soothing...

--
Send Flowers to Bahrain

reub-envision said...

the colour is popping and I like it!