Sunday, October 25, 2009

Holkham Hall - 18.10.09


Joan and I spent Sunday at Holkham Hall in Wells-Next-The-Sea, a beautiful palladian style mansion where 'The Duchess' was filmed.

We finished our day with a sketch from a bench looking back towards the Hall. By this time I was so cold that I had very little control over my hand and the pen kept hitting the page and making marks all by itself!



Holkham is a fantastic place. With over 3,000 acres of designated walks, I think it would be impossible to cover all of the beauty it has to offer in just one day and will deffinately return....Perhaps in warmer conditions!

2 comments:

Jill said...

This whole series has brought back memories of holidays with my family. My mum, sister and I spent many days exploring stately homes and often brass rubbing in the vast churches along this coast leaving my father fishing off a rather pebbly beach.I have enjoyed sharing your sketches.

Joan said...

There is nothing like trying to sketch when you're so cold you're shaking!!!! Great sketches!