Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fate, Destiny and Miracles



Last Wednesday, my eldest Son, Jake had a road accident. His truck flipped and ended up upside down in one of the many local dykes. The truck roof was touching the seats, it is as flat as a pancake. His quick thinking to tuck his arms into his chest and curl up right at the crucial moment along with the fact that he was driving a very sturdy 4x4 saved his life.
He managed to release his seatbelt and dig his way out of the bank with his bare hands.

His injuries?...Two small bruises from the seatbelt and a grazed elbow! He didn't even ache the next morning!!!

I did!

He refuses to believe luck had anything to do with it...I quote 'I believe in fate, it just wasn't my time...I'm obviously destined for greater things'.

I love that he thinks so positive, I admire his strength, and I adore his wit, not to mention his heart wrenching smile...My life is so much richer with him in it.


"Where there is great love there are always miracles."-- Willa Cather

7 comments:

icandy... said...

How moving... bless your son, he definitely had his angels around him. I'm so glad to hear that he's safe!
hugs,
Christina

Terri Kahrs said...

Know that it wasn't his time and that he was surrounded by angels of protection and love. Many blessings. xoxo

Ann said...

I was holding my breath while reading this post Anita. I am so glad he is okay. I know, however, that it will probably take you a long time to recover :-)

Alissa said...

His (and your) story makes you appreciate life so much more. So glad that he is ok , but what a terrible fright for you all at the time

Cherilynn Wood Fine Art said...

This is a wonderful, heart warming story. Glad to hear your son is okay and well. Reminds me to appreciate each day.
Thank you for sharing!

john.p said...

As a parent, that's downright scary! Good ending, though.

E-J said...

Only just read this. How horrendous. Glad he's ok! x