Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Speedy Sunset



The view from my studio is pretty fantastic throughout the entire day but the sunsets are simply spectacular.
Every evening a different show appears outside my window as the sun drops it's head beneath the Fen...I never tire of it.

I decided to catch one in my sketchbook, you don't get long and it changes constantly by the second but I wanted to capture the 'banding' on this particular showcase the other evening. I managed to make two sketches; one in mixed media (running inside like a mad woman to grab things from my studio table) and the second using Neocolor11 and a waterbrush.

8 comments:

Cecelia said...

You would probably appreciate what I put on my blog about painting sunrise and sunset. Lots of photos. Virginia Vaughan has some on her blog, too. She started her workshops with painting the sunrise and ended with painting the sunset. http://www.v-vaughan.com . Mine is http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/
I still have to add the sunset pictures.

mrana said...

These are lovely Anita, and I think the top one is absolutely stunning. Very inspiring!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Both are stunning, I like the immediacy (is that a word?) of the second one... what a beautiful view you have outside your window.

Jennifer Lawson said...

Both of these are just wonderful Anita. Lucky you with such a beautiful view from your studio.

Kim said...

How lovely, and how lovely the view too! Of such fleeting sights is paradise made.

{th}ink said...

I always watch the sunrise on my way into work. I stopped one day and captured a beautiful photo. You have given me inspiration to create a painting from it! Great sketches here.

Ann said...

These are both lovely!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these! I think I am one of those people who like to rush madly and create something spontaneous and quickly.
I love them!