Sunday, October 12, 2008

He's Home



Jake has been back from Memphis for almost a week now and I can't tell you how happy that makes me.
Sadly, he felt poorly the last two days of his holiday and when he broke out in spots back at home we discovered part of the reason why...Chicken Pox! He has also been suffering with a very sore throat and so, he has been well and truly 'off his feet'.
Now, while I hate to see my children suffer, it has been so good to have him to myself for a bit. (Well at least I'm honest!)
He is such a wonderful young man.

He brought everyone gifts back from his trip and himself a new wardrobe....or two! I created the journal page below with the twin nib Sharpie he gifted me.





5 comments:

Carol Bonomo said...

Greatly enjoying your artful adventures.

Timaree said...

Poor Jake. Hope he gets better soon. If it makes him feel any better my grandson just got a heavy duty case of poison oak (because he couldn't resist climbing a tree that was off of his running trail and the bushes beneath it were yep, poison oak.

Quilt knit said...

I had Chicken Pox in Memphis too! I do hope He is ok. I was not sure you meant Memphis, TN. I grew up there. Both of my Sons were born there! They are Memphians. Most Memphians have been - well - people that move into the city. My eldest is over there, and my youngest is here in Boston.

Sherrie Roberts

Dianne said...

Sorry to hear Jake has chicken pox, hope he is better soon, at least he is home so his wonderful Mom can take care of him. Thats what is his best medicine. Really love the backgrounds you did on the page. Imagine just using sharpies to create all that beauty.

Mark Kwasny said...

Anita, I love your journal work. I know I keep putting it off because I get so disappointed in the results. Working on enjoying the journey and not getting so hung up on the destination.