Friday, October 24, 2008

Back To School - Week 3



Today the children drew grids in their journals and filled them with images of their day. There were alot of blank faces when we started, it's always difficult deciding what to draw but I reminded them of key subjects and before long the room was buzzing with activity.
The children prepared a second grid at the end of the lesson and have taken their journals home for the Autumn break. They will be filling their grid throughout the week so each has a storyboard of their holiday to show on their return...I can't wait to see them!

I'm now packing a sketch bag ready for the morning when I'll be meeting up with Emma-Jane for the 20th Worldwide Sketchcrawl in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Will share my creations on my return!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll look forward to the ely sketchcrawl pics! i'm doing the one in san francisco.

Dianne said...

It will be exciting to see what your students come up with.
A sketch crawl how exciting does that sound yippeee...
Ely is a lovely town, love the gazebo in the middle of town..
Am excited to see the sketches..Have a great time...

Margaret Ann said...

What joy...the class "room buzzing with activity"! :)

Have a great day sketching with EJ...I am gathering my things, too, for the Phoenix crawl tomorrow at the Botanical Gardens. :)

Anita Davies said...

Pete & Margaret, so pleased you are crawling too, can't wait to see your day in images.

Dianne, Ely is beautiful and E-J is great, we've met before...I'm looking fwd to catching up with her.

One last coffee before I leave! :)

Timaree said...

Have fun sketching. You are going to get a treat when you see what the kids have drawn over their holiday. Are they like kids here, who forget to do the homework or are they pretty good at keeping up?

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such an encouraging comment.