Monday, September 29, 2008

Still Catching Up

I'm still catching up and have more to post, thank you for your kind comments and patience through my recent bombardment.

Also, a huge thanks to those of you who found time to pop over and check our my Son Harry's blog, his face was an absolute picture when he found 14 comments to read through.





A couple more spreads taken from my journal from last week.

This is the first time I have ever sketched our Shetland, Tommy and boy does it show! It was a very quick sketch created on my front door step but my inexperience with this form was so apparent to me from start to finish. I can't quite believe I haven't sketched him before, Jake was gifted him some twelve years ago!!! The weather is getting a little chilly to go following him around the yard now but I hope to keep him in mind as a sketch subject for next Summer.



I managed to wake up this morning and we have just returned from a day at Dever Springs. I made sketches but have yet to scan them...Will post soon as I have.

9 comments:

susan said...

This is beautiful...especially the top one with the flowers and your lettering. I love it. Made me feel sad as Jake and your Mum and Dad drove out of the driveway. Are they just visiting in Memphis? Have fun with Harry on your special vacation together. Also, I am awarding you a blog on my site, if you would like to stop by and pick it up. Hope your insomnia is gone tonite!

The Victorious place said...

Anita,
I always love popping over when you say you posted. I love the flowers on the top. They have a soft and translusent feel to them. It is like you can almost smell then and enjoy there beauty.
Thank you for letting me enjoy your art.
God bless

Timaree said...

Beautiful, soft pages.

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

What a shame your mum is missing her flowers but at least she can see your charming version of them when she returns. Like the colours in your desk sketch. Amazing how you can quickly sketch people at all angles yet find it difficult to do the four legged kind!! Still I liked it.

Despite being pleased with how my Old Palace vase painting is coming on, no one has commented on my two posts. Maybe waiting for the finished product. Its already changed!! typical Joannie.

Anetka said...

wow, great colours - my favouirte is the last one...love your messy desk:)

Rachel Murphree said...

Oh I wish my messy desk looked this beautiful! lovely drawing.

Dianne said...

Awfuly nice messy desk, love the shetland pony how cool to have your very own. How we see more sketches of him..

kazumiwannabe said...

These journal pages are great! The whole journal must be a treasure to look at!

Margaret Ann said...

I am becoming fascinated with you lovely collage type journal entries....the prepared backgrounds are just perfect...I missed the messy desk though...where was it??? LOL