Sunday, September 28, 2008

Location, Location



Both of these sketches were born of unusual situations.

The first, was created outside the school, waiting for Harry. Now I've sketched when I collect Harry from school many times before but usually from the comfort of the truck, grabbing a moment before I walk down to meet him. This time I took my sketchbook with me and created my sketch while I stood with all the other parents. I added the colour back at home from memory.
The second was sketched in the town library...nothing unusual about that but I did sketch the traffic lights while sitting in traffic waiting for them to change from red to green, which didn't take as long as I'd imagined it would.

5 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

I have presented you with an award on my blog...Pop in and pick it up at you leisure! :) Spread the JOY!

susan said...

I love to read your blogs!

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

How intimidating was it with all the mums looking over your shoulder saying 'what you doing?'. Great opportunity to advertise your works hung in the cafe opposite???

Thanks for calling last night and allowing me to show off!!! Have a great week with Tom and Harry. Any chance you over this way enjoying yourself and finding time to pop in together??????

Peachtreeart said...

You make such good use of your time. I've been sketching at work while I wait for reps to come on the line and I think about all the great art you're able to come up with while waiting. Makes waiting not so ba!

Dianne said...

So wonderful and to think you do them so quickly amazing...