Monday, August 11, 2008

An Afternoon At The Flicks



Zipped off to the cinema in Huntingdon after a my student left last Thursday to discover the film we wanted to watch was full, so we watched Kung Fu Panda instead. As soon as I got my sketchbook out the lights dipped, so not much chance of a decent sketch. However, a light refreshment and a bite to eat in Frankie & Benny's afterwards, on their outside tables, gave me the opportunity to sketch a little of my surrounding view before our order arrived.

4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Oh I do hope you and Harry get to see Wall-e.. we took the grandson last week and it was a very cute engaging movie... the DH didn't fall asleep thru the whole movie.. that doesn't happen often LOL

Deborah said...

I love your fresh style of capturing the moment. Last week at the movies I saw a candy called "Flicks" at the counter. We got them as kids and I didn't know they were still made. Perhaps now I know where the name came from.

kazumiwannabe said...

Is Wall e the movie you wanted to see? It's a wonderful film! Love your page and sketch!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Anita - this is very cool! Love the cinema ticket you attached.