Thursday, June 05, 2008

Maruman X



Woohoo, we're off!

I am delighted to be taking part in a sketchbook exchange with Nina Johansson, Margaret Storer-Roche and Jennifer Lawson.
We all decided to order a folding watercolour Maruman sketchbook for the exchange and have been waiting patiently for them to arrive.

Now I finally have my Maruman I've been staring at it with a blank expression wondering what to put in it...That's been harder than I thought it would be.

Today I set myself the task of making a start and put my theme down in print!
With each Maruman travelling so many miles I thought it would be nice to see a little of the destinations planned for it. My theme; 'A Taste of Home' will hopefully provide me with a flavour of each stop it makes before it returns to me here in England.
I was lucky in the respect that the Maruman cover is duck egg blue, a colour that trickles through my home with it's chalky delicacy, so I decided to use up some of the fabric samples and beads from soft furnishings that help to make my home the soft, tranquil place I love for my cover treatment.

Now, cover all sorted, theme officially decided, I'd better make a start on some artwork to fill it with.

Maruman X Blog

2 comments:

Joan said...

How many sketches will each of you do before the book is passed on? I like the idea of these "traveling sketchbooks."

Anita Davies said...

We will each be filling 10 pages of the Maruman before sending on Joan.