Monday, February 04, 2008

Gift Wrapped Sunshine



Daffodils, all clambered together along the roadsides, wrapped tightly just waiting to explode and reveal their sunshine kisses straight from Mother nature.

They are not my most favourite flower but they offer something no other bloom does, lighting up the worn out landscape of faded blues, greens and greys bringing with them a promise of brighter, longer days.
That is why I love them.

I purchased my tightly packed bunch from a florist in Whittlesey today and liked the paper they were wrapped in, so I used a piece of it as a backdrop for today's journal entry. I'm hoping to capture them again this week as they burst open.

'Spring has returned. The earth is like a child that knows poems' ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.” ~ Jack Handy

5 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

I can't wait until my daffodils come up! It'll be a while though, since nine more inches of snow are predicted for tomorrow. Love the quote you chose to go with your sketch.
Sherry

Robyn Sinclair said...

Anita, I remember you were the first to start drawing daffodils last year, and pretty soon I started to see them everywhere. Thank you for being my herald of Spring. I can't wait!
This is a lovely journal page with it's piece of coloured paper and those buds bursting with promise.

Claudia said...

Nice drawing, Anita!- I think, I will now have to buy some daffodils tomorrow;-))

Ann said...

Lovely journal page. The daffodils look so hopeful. It will be another month before mine come up, if snow and ice doesn't get them first. Thanks for sharing :)

Joan said...

It is such a blessing when the daffodils and the crocuses start appearing... I don't blame you for wanting to sketch these and their little buds.