Saturday, December 08, 2007

Worry


Jake woke with the most awful sore throat this morning, he can hardly swallow and has spent most of the day in his bed.

I think it may have been brought on by the stress of worrying about his Brother's surgery midweek, I seem to remember his throat swelling once before when he was worried about something.

Last night he was at a party having fun and I worried about him.

Today he was in bed and I worried about him.

Wednesday Harry was in surgery and I worried about him.

Harry is fit and healthy today and I worried he may be bored.

Today Harry worried about Jake because he spent so much time in bed.

WORRY!

In sickness or in health, I guess families will always worry about each other for some reason or another!

6 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I hope Jake gets to feeling better soon. I think when it comes to family love and worry often go hand in hand. Great drawing and obviously heartfelt.

Barbara said...

We do worry about our kids, don't we - whether they need it or not! - Barbara

Jenny said...

Hugs all around and snuggly rest for all.

caseytoussaint said...

Mine are all so big now, but I still worry about them all the time. this is a beautiful post, Anita - your composition on the page and the drawings are wonderful.

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

It looks like you have in a rough patch right now. Your drawings and words are wonderful, and make me feel like I'm there with you. Long distance hugs, Anita.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anita, it was such a treat to get a note from you in my blog! Thanks!

I am glad that your son made it through surgery well. I have news for you on the worry thing (and we mom's do our share of it, don't we?). After the fledglings fly from the nest we think the worry will lessen, but it doesn't. The only difference is, once they are gone, there is little to nothing we can do about it.

Enjoy this time, my friend, worries and all. ~Roma

p.s. I am in artistic love with the sketch you did the night before surgery!