Friday, March 16, 2007

Wild Inktensity H2o

As promised, the 'wet' version of my wild flowers sketch. As you can hopefully see, the inks come alive with water and even maintain their brightness after drying.


















Pocket moleskin, Staedtler pigment liner, inktense pencils.

I'm quite surprised...

I had thought the darker blue/purple background against the white of the daisies and the orange of the poppies would be the most eye catching combination but, for me, it's the aqua combination that catches my eye most

...one of the reasons my sketchbooks are becoming invaluable to me.

Here is another wild flower sketch I did this evening from memory:




















Pocket moleskin, Staedtler pigment liner, verithin coloured pencil 'orange'

My first double spread in a moleskin!
I have to say I am really enjoying the sketchbook moleskins. I had thought the smaller one would be difficult to work with due to it's size but I have had such fun in it with these wild flower studies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see how the colour becomes more intense after it's been wetted. I think you're right about the aqua one being more eye-catching. And wow, what a great memory you have!

Anita Davies said...

Thanx Dave...I feel my memory is deffinately improving the more time I spend with my sketchbooks. There was a time I wouldn't have attempted drawing anything without having it infront of me, I think my sketchbooks have improved on both my skills and my confidence.

Anonymous said...

As you may know, I love aquas and often put them into backgrounds of my flower work. - remember my Red and White Amarylis??In fact Im in process of changing the large roses in the rain as the pinky red petals with pink backdrop has not worked as I planned. So guess what - the background is becoming at this very moment aquas through to deeper kingfisher torquoises. Love keeping up with your work on your many blogs.

Joannie

Anita Davies said...

I remember your amarylis Joannie and I'm sure your roses will look beautiful with the aqua hues as a backdrop.
Glad you're enjoying my blogs, thankyou for taking the time to add your kind comments!