Friday, February 02, 2007

GladRagz














Gladragz is a new series I am currently working on. My intention is to unify the series by the subject matter alone, enabling me to switch materials and include all my favourites.


I've started with a favourite of mine...SHOES...working from life mixed with a little imagination for the background.
This piece is entitled 'Laura' after my late, Great-Grandmother. She gave me my first pair of grown up shoes; a brown suede pair of 'winkle pickers' that I'm sure could have performed eye surgery in the right hands. She was a wonderful warm, character with a fabulous sense of humour and the fact that this particular pair of shoes are positioned the wrong way around seems to fit perfectly.

This piece is painted on a 16x16" canvas in oils, my first main oil piece since receiving them for Christmas.




GladRagz©

No comments: